[plug] PLUG Quiz Night: Mon 28th March 7:30pm Moon & Six Pence

James Bromberger james at rcpt.to
Mon Mar 21 10:16:35 WST 2011

On 21/03/2011 9:53 AM, Russell Steicke wrote:
> Since nobody else has answered...
>
> Alan Turing - Encryption (breaking Enigma), the Turing Test and Turing
> Machine, committed suicide after persecuted for his sexual
> preferences.
>
> Grace Hopper - Early digital computing and compilers, COBOL, staying
> in the US Navy for a very long time.
>
> Linus Torvalds - Linux kernel.
>
> Ada Lovelace - Known as the world's first computer programmer for
> writing an algorithm for one of Babbage's machines.
>
> Albert Einstein - Theoretical physics, particularly special and
> general relativity.

Well done. 100% correct.  Points for your team.

> I hope the quiz night moves faster than this!  :)

Me too. :) I've had kernels compile quicker on 486 era machines! We'll
be time limiting each question.

One week to go!! Hope you're studying your Linux and Open Source subject
matter. Know the faces, the places, the times, the issues, the images
and all! Sharpen your pencils.

  James

--
Mobile: +61 422 166 708, Email: james_AT_rcpt.to