[plug] Quiz Night tonight (Moon & Six Pence, 7pm for 7:30pm start)

Harry McNally harrymc at decisions-and-designs.com.au
Tue Mar 29 09:12:28 WST 2011

Hi James

On 28/03/11 08:52, James Bromberger wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> One last reminder - the Quiz Night at the Moon & Six Pence on Murray
> Street is

was *LAST NIGHT*

> Doors to "The Stables" should open around 7pm, Quiz starting around
> 7:30pm. It's all Linux/Open Source/IT related - a bit of Geek TV, a bit
> of Tech history, etc. We'll be raffling off an admission ticket for
> LCA2012 (Ballarat), and there are prizes for Boffins Bookshop, and some
> other small goodies - and it's free*!

Jason just beat me to it but ..

I'd just like to thank you as MC and the other committee organisers for a
great Quiz Night last night.

The questions were very well chosen (by James B). There were enough easier
ones in each round that a new Linix user would still have felt like they could
tackle the quiz and the progression to harder questions even had some of the
geekiest and long time devotees scratching their chins.

Prizes were a great selection and the chocolate eggs went well for those that
missed out on the bigger envelopes.

There were a few subterfuges and intrigues (where -did- I leave that red pen?)
that had the UCC team and our older school team (NaN) neck and neck till the
very last when we both snatched defeat from the jaws of victory and Table 3
nudged past and won the Boffins books. UCC team in close second got those
little Yubi keys which look quite useful tho'.

All round it was good to see some familiar faces and what was an entertaining
evening. I ended the night on coffee so it didn't need to be a beer-y event
for people that have early starts the next day.

So thanks to you all again. Looking forward to the next social event.

Harry