[plug] Zimbra

Chris Hoy Poy chris at hoypoy.id.au
Wed May 4 16:59:58 WST 2011

The opensource version of Zimbra doesn't have ActiveSync - I believe that uses a licensed component for ActiveSync there.

That and the backups for the OpenSource version are rather simplistic (there are plenty of examples of scripts to stop Zimbra, backup the partition and restart Zimbra though).

Since it runs Jetty, MySQl and LDAP (among other bits), yah, it is a bit RAM hungry. :)

VmWare own it now though, and the licensing for it is currently churning from the "inhouse accounting" to VmWare's standard channels - thats all due to happen by the end of June according to the emails I'm getting.

//chris