[plug] Zimbra

Tim Bowden tim.bowden at mapforge.com.au
Wed May 4 17:05:07 WST 2011

On Wed, 2011-05-04 at 16:59 +0800, Chris Hoy Poy wrote:
> The opensource version of Zimbra doesn't have ActiveSync - I believe
> that uses a licensed component for ActiveSync there.
>
> That and the backups for the OpenSource version are rather simplistic
> (there are plenty of examples of scripts to stop Zimbra, backup the
> partition and restart Zimbra though).
>
> Since it runs Jetty, MySQl and LDAP (among other bits), yah, it is a
> bit RAM hungry. :)
>
> VmWare own it now though, and the licensing for it is currently
> churning from the "inhouse accounting" to VmWare's standard channels -
> thats all due to happen by the end of June according to the emails I'm
> getting.
>
> //chris

I'm just a bit upset it can't use PostgreSQL instead of MySQL.  Gets me
riled up every time I come up against that.  Wordpress is the other one
that's pissed me off there.  As far as I'm aware neither of them use
features specific to MySQL.  They just didn't put any value in being
even slightly db agnostic.

<sigh>

Tim Bowden