[plug] PLUG News round-up (long)

Bret Busby bret.busby at gmail.com
Sat May 14 14:34:07 WST 2011

On 14/05/2011, Haydon Knight <nodyah at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi, some thoughts:
>
> You say that only 44/370 members have coughed up the $10 annual fee.  That's
> 12%.  Have you considered an alternative way to doubling revenue would,
> rather than doubling the annual fee, be to increase the number of members
> coughing up to 88/370 (24% - still a very small percentage)?
>
> Perhaps one way might be to have an easily-accessible 'donate' or 'pay dues'
> page on the plug website that takes members to paypal or somewhere where
> they can pay their money in an single-step/easy/internety way.  Right now it
> is actually a multi-step non-automated hassle to pay the membership fee -
> perhaps it is this hassle that is preventing greater numbers coughing up.
>
> Best wishes
>
> -Haydon

In thinking about that, I am not sure how it would work for PLUG (it
could be determined, by a representative of PLUG, contacting Paypal),
but I believe that having a Paypal payment facility, would probably
make online payment, easy.

I have used Paypal for buying goods both from within Australia, and,
from outside Australia, and it is convenient.

And, I think that leaving the annual membership fee at $10, would be
more conducive to increasing membership, than doubling the annual
membership fee to $20.

I think that returning the PLUG meetings to central Perth, would be a
step on the way to reviving membership, as would, I think, restoring
the workshops at UCC or a similar, relatively central location.

--
Bret Busby
Armadale

 you'll know what the answer means."