[plug] PLUG News round-up (long)

Patrick Coleman blinken at gmail.com
Mon May 16 22:11:00 WST 2011

On Mon, May 16, 2011 at 7:21 PM, Bret Busby <bret.busby at gmail.com> wrote:
> I believe that to brand people's messages on the mailing list, with
> "this person is not a member of PLUG, is like the second option, or,
> similarly, the order that all jews wear a yellow star.

I invoke Godwin's Law[1]! Whee. Sorry, but you've just lost all credibility.

FWIW, I think $10/year is a pitifully low (almost token) membership
fee, and I would quite happily pay more to support PLUG. If it means
we can do more things like bring in awesome speakers, or have a venue
that doesn't move around based on people's charity then all the
better. $20/year is likely far less than the petrol you will consume
in getting to PLUG events (or bus fares, or bike ... whatsits, or
whatever).

A short message (it doesn't have to be obtrusive) at the bottom of
posts would be a great way to encourage other people to become members
and participate. cf Flickr Pro membership, any forum that has a "total
posts" counter next to a commenter's username.

-Patrick

1. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Godwin's_law