[plug] PLUG News round-up (long)

Adrian Chadd adrian at creative.net.au
Mon May 16 22:13:59 WST 2011

I dunno - run "social events that have a cover charge" and "PLUG
members get a discount" seems like a sensible model.

These social events could just start being LAN parties and hack
fests. For example, google "Super happy dev house" (or I can,
and: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SuperHappyDevHouse) Maybe some
hardware and/or software hackfests (which UCC run for members
and seems quite popular when they're on) could also help.
Provide some fun toys and a fun atmosphere, make sure you bring
your own cool projects and see what happens.

Adrian