[plug] PLUG News round-up (long)

home at oranges.id.au home at oranges.id.au
Tue May 17 09:48:39 WST 2011

On 17 May 2011 09:30, James Bromberger <james at rcpt.to> wrote:
> On 17/05/2011 9:07 AM, Leon Wright wrote:
> Just out of curiosity, how is membership tracked now?
>
> A database, and a bunch of scripts. Some of which should automatically email
> you receipts, and expiry notifications when they run.

I like the sound of that.

> Paypal is convenient, but it also charges the account getting "Paid" a fee.
> It's not much, but will add up.
> It's a combination of a per-transaction fee, and a percentage (thanks Jason
> N for the info). And that's probably going to increase as time marches on.

Yeah it's a pity, because PayPal is so darned easy to use... oh hang
on, that's why they charge a bit :P I'm gonna put PayPal onto a
website I'm helping out (with my limited skills!) so they can get a
functioning payment gateway very quickly. Down the track I've
suggested they do something more complicated which costs less - and is
probably beyond my current skill set (:

FWIW I'm not a big fan of the financial status in email signature
idea, but not gonna hang my hat on it. You've ranted a bit there eh
Bret.

--
Gregory Orange