[plug] Proxy server

Garry garbuck at westnet.com.au
Wed May 18 01:50:53 WST 2011

I'm heading to bali in august, and I'd like to setup a proxy server to use
when away.. This is so I can have an aussie ip, allowing me to use iview to
watch the news.. Guess there is vnc but I don't think sound works with that.

The howto guides I've found are for internal caching using squid, maybe I'm
not using the correct terminology?

Alternatively, anyone know of a reasonable priced tunnelled proxy with good
bandwidth? Going for 2 weeks so $10~20 is about the mark.

It's not the end of the world if I can't do it, I could easily access the
podcasts collecting at home via ftp.. But it'd be handy..

I don't know iptables if that's the answer. Is there a linux based
application to set something like this up ?

Thanks,

Garry