[plug] Proxy server

Mitch Kelly (UCC) mitch at ucc.asn.au
Wed May 18 17:24:03 WST 2011

I believe iView is actually https now.

From: plug-bounces at plug.org.au [mailto:plug-bounces at plug.org.au] On Behalf
Of Adrian Woodley
Sent: Wednesday, 18 May 2011 3:11 PM
To: plug at plug.org.au
Subject: Re: [plug] Proxy server

If your aim is to be able to watch iView, openvpn is going to be your best
bet. iView only uses HTTP (and therefore the proxy) for indexing the
content. The actual stream occurs on a different port.

Forcing all your traffic (or even just the traffic for your ISP's local
iView CDN) via openvpn should work reasonably well, provided you have enough
bandwidth. Don't forget, iView is aimed at "broadband" connections of
greater than 1.1Mbps.

Adrian