No subject

Tue Nov 29 10:43:08 WST 2011

browse list shows all the domains in the State.  From a workstation on
the Samba domain you only see the GRS and CVN workgroups, not the other
domains.

Maybe if we did David's suggestion b) of making the Samba machine a WINS
server it might then display other domains to its members.  I've been
somewhat reluctant to do this in case it trashed the statewide network.
But as it stands now the Samba domain appears to have the status of an
NT domain but does not quite provide all the features.  This is an
adequate tradeoff of course bearing in mind that the Samba domain has un
unblemished service record.

If someone has an experiment they would like to run on this network to
further explore the domain/WINS situation I'd be happy to do it.

K.