No subject

Tue Nov 29 10:43:08 WST 2011

found that I can (in a Linux environment) set "keycode 22 = BackSpace"
in .Xmodmap. This works fine for local Linux/KDE, but I don't know if
it'll work in the HP environ, and also, I'd rather fix such a thing on
the X-Server side. If there's any way to fix this on the X-Server side,
I'd be most thankful! (BTW: All Terminals will be PC's, so the scancode
should be stable...)

HP-UX 11:

Anyone got any ideas on this? (To reiterate, a Linux box doing X -query
to HP-UX 11 seems to freeze at the hourglass. Everything else works
fine; HPUX9, Solaris, Linux, etc servers)

Mail Client:

I've got an IMAP server set up (now with Server-side filters! ^_^), and
was using Netscape Communicator as Mail Client under Windoze. I'm using
same now under Linux, but it isn't as comfortable as the Win vers, plus,
Netscape still has some quirks as a mail client. Are there any good free
IMAP4 mail clients for KDE/X-Win someone can recommend?

KDE Explorer/Browser:

Is it just me, or is KDE's pretty good explorer+browser got a few
serious problems, and a few missing features? (I can list 'em here if
people are interested) (Or I can wait till they annoy me enough to list
them later. ^_^). 90% of pages are fine for KDE, but I still need
Netscape...

Samba Connectivity:

Under Windoze I was dependent upon SMB for accessing remote machine
filesystems. ie; \\machine\share\dir etc ... Does anyone know if this
will be added to KDE's File Manager?

Office:

Any general opinions on StarOffice vs KOffice vs MSOffice/WINE? ^_^

: CWIS Technical Officer         -           T.Phillips at murdoch.edu.au :