No subject

Tue Nov 29 10:43:08 WST 2011

is the Term program more than the Window Manager... The rest of the
stuff (funky window borders, etc) you can do in KDEWM AFAIK.

> From what I saw of Gnome (a quick few glances between the crowd
> around the keyboard) it is "good". The results is similar to what
> would happen if you took all the Linux desktop developers and
> randomly assigned them to the two projects (KDE and Gnome), net
> result is both desktops have their good and bad points. Almost a
> desktop equivalent to the Linux/FreeBSD development (eg: stealing the
> good ideas from each other).

^_^
Doesn't sound overly conclusive one way or another. I dabbled with Gnome
a while back, but gave up in frustration over finding apps and
installing the smeggers. KDE 1.1 has a whole slew of decent apps, and
I'm finding 3rd-party apps also pretty easy to install and merge in with
the KDE setup. Have things nicened up in the Gnome world?

: CWIS Technical Officer         -           T.Phillips at murdoch.edu.au :