No subject

Tue Nov 29 10:43:08 WST 2011

think it would be much easier to configure it to do this than wu-ftpd.
I've configured proftpd a couple of times, but only minor changes, so I
can't confirm this.

In general when people try and develop their own "homebrew" solution to
making something they need done more secure they end up opening a whole
host of new potential security problems.  As far as security techniques
go, there is safety in numbers.  If you use the same methods for
securing/configuring your system that have been used for years and that
everyone else uses then it's more than likely that any potential
vulnerabilities in these techniques have been identified and corrected.
(Of course the same doesn't go for system software where new
vulnerabilities are being discovered all the time.)

Regards,

Christian.