No subject

Tue Nov 29 10:43:08 WST 2011

stay that way :)

> What are the benefits of the upgrade?

Gnome & enlightenment ... some would say this is a problem not a bonus.
K 2.2.5, and  all k2.2 apps.
New sound drivers .... This is actually part of the kerenel BUT I thought I
mention it seeing as you mention sound before.

New versions of most apps ... I won't say latest versions of all packages
'cause that would be just plain wrong.

I will be making a new RedHat 6.0 CD today (I gave my copy to a friend in
Melbourne) and then Installing it on my home machine tonight.  Actually I'll be
reinstalling it ... I switched to 5.2 in order to get Quake3 working for a
meeting online .... I lost :( but I did have fun.

... Basically if you are happy with what you've got and aren't too confident
with your Linux skills then stay where you are ... RedHat 6.0 will give you

Yours Tony.