No subject

Tue Nov 29 10:43:08 WST 2011

and got some CD's burnt by Gary and gave it a burl. I came to the following
conclusions:

1. It was heard to try and work out dselect and what packages where to be
installed and where and what configures. RedHat took care of all of this so
I could get to play with my Linux system sooner.
2. Debian asked so many questions if you wanted to install a lot of packages
that it was (I felt) a mammoth task akin to recompiling a kernel and
Slackware 3.0. However my awareness about what the packages all did grew
immensely because of the experience.

Now if I could just get the best of both worlds I would happily use debian.
My main point for going for it at the time was to get a 2.2 kernel, which I
now have in RedHat.

Show me the install Jerry !!!! (pun on Jerry McGuire).