No subject

Tue Nov 29 10:43:08 WST 2011

session, then startx - :1 for the second session. Is that correct? Is a third
session iniated, by typing in startx - :2 ? Or, is the :1 switch used for each
successive session?

Do you need extra RAM, either on the motherboard, or on the video card, or a
powerful CPU to do that? I believe that I have 1MB of RAM on my video card (it
may be 512KB, I am not sure), and 32MB RAM on the motherboard, and a Cyrix 6x86
CPU.

I understood that only one session of X could be run on a machine, at a time.

Also, does that allow for different logins to run X simultaneously? For example,
can I login as a user, and run X, and then login as root, and run X, while the
user session of X is running?

--

Bret Busby