No subject

Tue Nov 29 10:43:08 WST 2011

in which a person is not interested; procmail is, I believe, one, that
has been mentioned, for people to use on my emails, when people disagree
with my opinions. If you are as sick of the thread, as you appear to be,
then, surely, you are capable, of applying such a filter?

However, a point to remember, Christian, is that discussion can benefit
all involved; for people like Matt, it can let them know what people
think, and, maybe, find what shortcomings people have in their
knowledge, so they can help overcome the shortcomings, and, for people
who are willing to learn, and, who are lacking in some particular
knowledge, it can resolve those shortcomings. Overall, it can be a
learning experience, as long as it does not become derogatory.

> The way the list works *should* be extremely clear by now so
> configure your mail clients accordingly and get on with your lives.

I thought that one purpose of mailing lists like these, was so that
people could learn how to configure things like mail applications, mail
servers, etc...

> > > I vote that the reply goes to the list.
> >
> > Then you don't understand the question.
> > The reply already goes to the list, unless the Author wants it to go back
> > to them.  If it doesn't work for you, I'd seriously look at another MUA
>
> Or learn how to use the one you're currently using properly...

Ah, yes, but, if he doesn't expose his shortcomings in knowledge, in
that respect, and, someone else advise him, would he be as likely to
learn how to use it correctly?

Perhaps, a little more tolerance, for the less knowledgeable, and, for
the sake of communicating peoples' wants, could be useful?

Nil desperandum carborundum (Don't let the baskets grind you down)...
A bit of bastard latin, from the 1970's...

--

Bret Busby