No subject

Tue Nov 29 10:43:08 WST 2011

is that our ADSL LINK light stays on when we are disconnected.

BTW, the following message sent to the Iinet status list might also be of
interest:

----
From: support at iinet.net.au (smccoy)
To: status at gospel.iinet.net.au
Subject: [Status] ID4303 [DOWN]: ADSL in Perth
Date: Tue, 12 Nov 2002 15:20:32 +0800

iiNet requires an urgent maintenance window this Friday morning
(15/11/2002) between 2am and 5am to perform the following work:

- ADSL infrastructure changes. This will cause intermittent loss of
connectivity throughout the window for WA based aDSL customers. Once
the work is completed, customers should notice no difference in their
service.

This work is expected to reduce the number of L2TP disconnections
currently being experienced by some customers.

[snip]
----

This /might/ mean that the DSL-300 is in fact fine and the symptoms I've
noticed are really being caused by Iinet's own incompetence.  Or maybe I'm
just confused.

CP