No subject

Tue Nov 29 10:43:08 WST 2011

    "Minister for Communications, Information Technology and the Arts...
    the redeveloped website in question (http://www.dcita.gov.au) is
    that of the Department of Communications, Information Technology and
    the Arts...  not my website"

    "The project to rebuild the site is the responsibility of the
    Department alone"

    "The separation between my website and that of the Department is
    designed to ensure that allegations of political interference in the
    Department's website cannot be sustained."

    "I was first made aware of issues associated with the Department's
    website redevelopment in mid-2001."

    "Expenditure was entirely the responsibility of the Department,
    along with any approval processes associated with spending on the
    website redevelopment."

So, we are to believe:

 - the Minister is not accountable for his portfolio Department.
 - his website, despite having been integrated into the DCITA
   content management system, is "separate".
 - two years is too short to involve any responsibility.
 - the Minister has no control over the Department's spending.