No subject

Tue Nov 29 10:43:08 WST 2011

it was completely random which one loaded quicker. Sometimes it could
take a couple of minutes for one to load when the other was almost
instant, and vice-versa. But one thing I did find out is that it can be
because of java security settings.

So try this:
edit ~/.java.policy (or $JAVA_HOME/jre/lib/security/java.policy) and set
it to the following :

grant {
	permission java.security.AllPermission;
}

You might find it speeds things up particularly since what I've found is
an issue is that the connect and resolve socket permissions
(java.net.SocketPermission) may not allow the desired connection, but it
gets there eventually. Does the java console show anything (Tools->Web
Development->Java Console)?

Its best not to leave your security permissions set to this as it leaves
you vulnerable to any potentially malicious or privacy invading applet
(such as redsherrif's applet that you'll find gets loaded is you go to
any msn related site)

Kirk

--=-8isJJ8uXRIeNApsyP//H

--=-8isJJ8uXRIeNApsyP//H--