[plug] PLUG Constitution Change: Proposal for membership review

Mark Gaynor mark at mjg.id.au
Sun Nov 20 20:07:27 WST 2011

Hey All,

This suggested change:-

    * Committee meetings required 100% attendance for quorum ; it now requires 50% .

If you define the committee as Chairman, Vice-Chairman, Treasurer & Secretary, I think you will find a quorum of 50% or two can be viewed as collusion, the execpted minimum is three as I understand standard meeting protocols. Meetings with two can still take place but any decisions must be defered to another meeting that meets the required minimum.

The objective of the constitution is to protect individuals from claims of collusion, manipulation or personal liability associated with the club's affairs. That extends to the membership as well as office bearers.

Mark