[plug] PLUG Constitution Change: Proposal for membership review

Tim White weirdit at gmail.com
Wed Nov 23 07:42:47 WST 2011

On Sun Nov 20 22:07:27 2011, Mark Gaynor wrote:
> Hey All,
>
> This suggested change:-
>
>      * Committee meetings required 100% attendance for quorum ; it now requires 50% .
>
> If you define the committee as Chairman, Vice-Chairman, Treasurer&  Secretary, I think you will find a quorum of 50% or two can be viewed as collusion, the execpted minimum is three as I understand standard meeting protocols. Meetings with two can still take place but any decisions must be defered to another meeting that meets the required minimum.

I think the Committee was defined as Chairman, Vice, Treasurer,
Secretary and OCM's. As we can have 1-3 OCM's, the idea was that with 1
ocm, we'd have a committee of 5, and 50% was 2.5 people which would be
rounded to 3. I could be wrong, but I believe that was what was
discussed in the ctte meeting a few months back.

Tim