[plug] Firefox browser

Max mn8_linux at westnet.com.au
Fri Nov 25 19:23:00 WST 2011

On Fri, 25 Nov 2011 06:06:05 pm Bob Adamson wrote:
> Max,
>
> http://arseh.at/o5s
>
> Andrew Adamson
> bob at ucc.asn.au

Thank You Andrew,

Previous google searches had led me nowhere.

However, I had found the cookie accept or reject and 3rd party etc...but
still no "ASK ME" option as in Konq.....

This time without using the javascript to enable the "Let Me Get It For
You" search engine,

this time round with a normal google search of
"firefox+3.6+block+individual+cookie" and changing that again to:
"firefox+3.6+control+javascript"  I did find another page that supplied me
with this comment:

"Mozilla is developing a patch for this --- Meanwhile Mozilla suggest
users to disable JavaScript or recommends to use*** NoScript add-on in
Firefox.***

So Another Plug-in / add on is needed it seems.
--------------------
NoScript 2.2 release Nov 15 2011

The best security you can get in a web browser!
Allow active content to run only from sites you trust, and protect
yourself against XSS and Clickjacking attacks.
Always something, I hope that is it.

I wanted to have an answer for firefox even though I prefer Konq as I
don't like having to read through all the page source all the time to
see what javascript page is relevant and what is crap like the
doubleclick.com sites etc....

Regards, Max.
.
.