[plug] Firefox browser

Tim White weirdit at gmail.com
Fri Nov 25 21:20:06 WST 2011

On 25/11/11 9:23 PM, Max wrote:
> I wanted to have an answer for firefox even though I prefer Konq as I
> don't like having to read through all the page source all the time to
> see what javascript page is relevant and what is crap like the
> doubleclick.com sites etc....

It sounds like you are wanting something like adblock and/or Ghostery.
Adblock blocks thinks like doubleclick and other ad networks. And
Ghostery protects you from the rest of the "trackers" like Facebook,
Google analytics and plenty of other tracking things.
Noscript does also work well. Not sure how it goes for things that in
are iframes though.
I've recently been trying to make my browser "reveal" less about me, and
that includes not running all the annoying javascript that everyone has
everywhere.

Tim