[plug] Firefox browser

Ian Kent raven at themaw.net
Sat Nov 26 09:46:37 WST 2011

On 25/11/2011, at 4:20 PM, gavin chester <gavin.chester at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Max,
>
> Sorry to hear you're dissatisfied with lack of response, but there's
> no reason to flame the group for that. I have had several posts NOT
> responded to over the years, and you just have to suck it up that your
> question didn't strike interest with anyone.

I have trouble understanding these sorts of questions.

Sure, when I post I always get disappointed if there is no response but that is the proper behavior when your not familiar with the subject or don't have anything constructive to add or if you just don't have time.

If people start responding with noise only posts it gets really hard to keep up with the list when it gets more traffic.

There's also the vacuum gotcha, where you try and be helpful but the person asking the question doesn't have the skills to understand the answer and the thread goes rapidly off topic. So people often hold back to see how the thread develops.

My point is that there are plenty of reasons why there is no response to a post and you need to accept that.

Ian