[plug] Reminder: PLUG in the Pub on Monday

James Bromberger james at rcpt.to
Thu Sep 22 16:15:01 WST 2011

Hello all,

A reminder that we're at *The Moon & Six Pence this Monday evening*
(from after-work-o-clock, say, 6:30pm), with our guests coming in from
IBM's Brisbane office (IIRC) who would like to buy you a drink, and see
if you want to work with on any project you've been working on. Or just
have a drink and a chat!

Time is also running short to get your ticket for the *Rusty Russell
talk on October 11 *at UWA. Email tickets at plug.org.au for your ticket -
cost is $20/members, $50/non-members, and free for all Uni CS/IT
students (with ID). Door tickets will be $50 for everyone - please book
so we can organise the right amount of pizza for dinner! We have around
40 people now ticketed, with a venue capacity of 98; I'd like to think
this is "/glass-almost-half-full/". As noted previously, this is a talk
by Rusty, then some pizza, and then a panel discussion/debate with
Rusty, Dr Chris McDonald from UWA CS, and Asst Prof Robert Cunningham
from UWA Law (and we may add others in to the fray!).

  James
--
/Mobile:/ +61 422 166 708, /Email:/ james_AT_rcpt.to
PLUG President 2011: http://www.plug.org.au <http//www.plug.org.au>