[plug] Android Jelly Bean problem

Richard Meyer meyerri at gardenshark.org
Fri Aug 17 18:16:16 WST 2012

On Fri, 2012-08-17 at 16:54 +0800, Bill Kenworthy wrote:
> On Fri, 2012-08-17 at 18:46 +1000, Richard Meyer wrote:
> > On Fri, 2012-08-17 at 01:36 -0700, Fred Janon wrote:
> > > Play Store works on mine, I have other issues than lots of people seem
> > > having too: reboots, issues during phone calls.
>
> looks like there is a new version of playstore specifically for JB - did
> you upgrade that too?
>
> BillK

No ....

The option was to upgrade to JB or not to. After upgrading to JB, there
are icons for Play store and Play movies and music and such, but trying
to use any of them gets a window that says "Unfortunately, Google Play
Store has stopped".

As evidence that I was going to get my bottom spanked for hubris as I
typed this I saw that there were 6 updates available (on my phone) and
tried to see what they were and got the same message .... I am
unhubrissed.   ;-)

--
Richard Meyer
"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself

Linux Counter user #306629