[plug] Getting a Vodaphone Huawei dongle working

Richard Meyer meyerri at gardenshark.org
Sat Feb 4 18:02:40 WST 2012

Thanks for the thoughts -  I managed to get it going via the sakis3g
script, but there is a problem.

Everything except evolution works .... Evolution seems to look to
Network Manager to see whether it is online or not ... and since sakis3g
doesn't bother to talk to NM and since NM says +ACI-NIH+ACI (not invented
here), it shows no connections.

ergo - Evolution is offline, while Firefox merrily downloads all sorts
of things and APT updates my system with MB and MB of data - but nooooo
- we're offline.

If I didn't dislike Thunderturd so much, I'd think of using it ....

Dunno what it would do in similar circumstances ....