[plug] TV Tuners and Linux

Gregory Orange home at oranges.id.au
Wed Feb 8 21:24:01 WST 2012

On 8 February 2012 20:16, Tim White <weirdit at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 08/02/12 11:24, Gregory Orange wrote:
>> PS: If anyone knows how to make iView work, I'd be grateful! This vid is
>> tantalising, from the wp post. I suspect Boxee is involved but not sure, and
>> Boxee software may have been canned, not sure if it's available by some
>> other means. My understanding is a bit vague still.
>> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=njkhx2OwdZ4&feature=youtu.be
>> http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/archive/1445975
>
> I personally use python-iview to get my iview. It may be enough for you
> depending on what you are trying to do. (It downloads them, not streams).

That's one of my list of three things to check out further. If it can
be integrated into the mythtv frontend menu and manipulated with the
remote control from the couch, then that's all I need. I don't mind
whether it streams or downloads - both are appealing for different
(fairly obvious) reasons.

Is yours integrated some how?

--
Gregory Orange