[plug] TV Tuners and Linux

Tim White weirdit at gmail.com
Thu Feb 9 05:52:51 WST 2012

On 08/02/12 23:24, Gregory Orange wrote:
> On 8 February 2012 20:16, Tim White<weirdit at gmail.com>  wrote:
>> On 08/02/12 11:24, Gregory Orange wrote:
>>> PS: If anyone knows how to make iView work, I'd be grateful! This vid is
>>> tantalising, from the wp post. I suspect Boxee is involved but not sure, and
>>> Boxee software may have been canned, not sure if it's available by some
>>> other means. My understanding is a bit vague still.
>>> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=njkhx2OwdZ4&feature=youtu.be
>>> http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/archive/1445975
>> I personally use python-iview to get my iview. It may be enough for you
>> depending on what you are trying to do. (It downloads them, not streams).
> That's one of my list of three things to check out further. If it can
> be integrated into the mythtv frontend menu and manipulated with the
> remote control from the couch, then that's all I need. I don't mind
> whether it streams or downloads - both are appealing for different
> (fairly obvious) reasons.
>
> Is yours integrated some how?
No. I generally use it to download the iview I want and then watch
later. It has a command line version, so I'm sure it would be possible
to write another interface for it. I know the techniques it uses to
download, can also be used to stream, and at one point there was an XBMC
plugin for iview streaming too.
Integrated (into XBMC/Mythtv) would be very nice, and is something I
need to look into again.

Tim