[plug] WA Govenment iPads for year 1 and 2 students

Adrian Chadd adrian at creative.net.au
Fri Feb 10 11:09:08 WST 2012

.. if you think that OLPC devices are even in the same playing field
to the iPad, I think you're ridiculously mistaken.

Something like an Android Galaxy Tablet would be a much better option,
especially if you can make the justification that you can (mostly)
seamlessly move between android tablet vendors without having to shift
software platforms.

The problem is making sure you can sell a full "integrated" solution
to a school - it's not just about the educational software (but having
that helps), it's about having a cottage industry of people writing
educational software as well as methods for integrating and locking
down devices in a school environment.

I'm glad I don't even remotely have to deal with this stuff.

2c,

Adrian