[plug] AGM tonight (pizza from 6:30pm, meeting start 7pm, 2 Delhi St, West Perth)

James Bromberger james at rcpt.to
Tue Jan 10 12:37:01 WST 2012

Hello all,

A last reminder that the PLUG *Annual General Meeting* (and Election of
Committee 2012) is happening *TONIGHT *with the presentation starting at
*7pm *at City West Lotteries House, 2 Delhi Street, West Perth -- very
close to the West Perth train station. There is some free parking in the
area that starts after 5:30pm.

The facility is located on the ground floor, and there should be
disability access throughout. The main entrance (glass sliding doors)
will be "locked" and you will have to be buzzed in: I'll stick a few
phone numbers to the door so you can call someone if need to (or call
me, number below).

We're going to have a bunch of pizzas turning up before the meeting so
come along and dig in. Pizza should arrive around *6:30pm *(though I am
about to order this later this afternoon, so possibly subject to some
change...); we may be short on drinks so bring your own if you want (not
sure if there is a vending machine there; there is a water fountain at
least)!

We need to try and get 30 members present so please come along.

The A/V Crew will again be endeavouring to live stream this meeting at
http://icecast.plug.org.au:8000/ with a video feed hopefully starting
around 6:30pm WST or so, and someone will hang out in IRC to take
questions and relay them to the room!

I'd like to thank everyone who has given a talk at PLUG in 2011, the
organisations that have hosted our meetings, the members who have paid
their dues to help PLUG survive, the people who have jumped on a project
and done some interesting stuff, and the rest of the PLUG Committee 2011
for the efforts to help get some great Linux & Open Source community
activities happening.

I look forward to what PLUG will do in 2012 -- with your help.

 James
PS: Thanks to Luke John for sorting out the AGM venue (and the Associate
Membership for PLUG to City West Lotteries House).
--
/Mobile:/ +61 422 166 708, /Email:/ james_AT_rcpt.to
PLUG President 2011: http://www.plug.org.au <http//www.plug.org.au>