[plug] ubuntu install on netbook fails to create file system

Tim White weirdit at gmail.com
Wed Jan 11 07:17:22 WST 2012

(The following is from wolfbite, it got caught in the spam filter. Tim)
----

 From experience I've found different os & distros mess with the
partitions not exactly how I like.

I use a system rescue disk and use gparted to adjust partitions,
it gives consistency to me and does the partitions the way I like

then just run the distro and install into prefered partitions

considering I dual boot with windows and constatly messing with distros
on other partitions, this has been the SAFEST way for years now :)

I ALSO only use 1 partition per distro (instead of seperate home, etc)
I can still boot into old distro while messing with new distro and can
drag anything from old to new.

Just my 2 cents

also I have used the wabi from windows xp & 7, works great. but prefer
the cd method better (just handy if no cd :)