[plug] Small business software in Linux

Leon Wright techman83 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 3 08:31:09 WST 2012

On Tue, Jul 3, 2012 at 7:05 AM, Marcos Raul Carot Collins <
marcos.carot at gmail.com> wrote:

> No sorry,
>
> I have passed to my wife the names of the different suggested software and
> shown her some of them but as far as I know she hasn't had time to test,
> and
> on top of that her business partner does not see why (despite all the
> machines
> running linux in the business) not to pay for Win only MYOB...

Do everything you can not to use that abomination of a product. It is far
from simple and a royal pain in the butt to configure. If you ever grow it
also doesn't scale beyond a single user very well at all. If the accountant
needs a particular format, find a piece of software that will export to it.

I personally have very limited needs and am getting by with the Easy
Invoice Libre office spreadsheet. The only thing I don't like is the way it
handles re-doing of invoices, but I just keep the PDFs and resend them as
required.

http://www.swierkowski-online.de/eng.html

Leon