[plug] SOHO UPS Suggestions

Leon Wright techman83 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 6 16:26:00 WST 2012

On Wed, Jun 6, 2012 at 3:51 PM, Bernd Felsche
<bernie at innovative.iinet.net.au> wrote:
> Powershield is cool.  http://www.powershield.com.au/
> Powershield are sold by e.g. Altronics.
> With pure sinewave output, I wouldn't go for less than
> http://www.altronics.com.au/index.asp?area=item&id=D0880
>
> Software support for Linux "works".
> I should spend some time whipping a module into shape for Nagios.

My mate has half a dozen of these, loves them. I note that SNMP is
optional, I haven't found out how yet. All my monitoring is
virtualised, whilst I can passthrough serial (maybe, not sure my host
even has serial!) or get a MOXA device (those little things rock
http://www.moxa.com/product/NPort_5150.htm) if there is something
native that give me SNMP is way better.

I wrote a nagios plugin to pull temp stats from a script that queries
VMware CIM (it's very hacky, but took me a few mins to knock up), so I
can safely say it's really really easy.

Leon