[plug] Domain name hosting / registration

Tim weirdit at gmail.com
Thu Jun 28 14:58:10 WST 2012

On 24 June 2012 18:23, Brad Campbell <brad at fnarfbargle.com> wrote:
> On 24/06/12 18:14, Alexander Hartner wrote:
>>
>> Hi Tim
>>
>> Thanks for that post. I am not paying extra for them hosting the secondary
>> DNS and up to now this has really worked well. However for some reason they
>> seem to have given up the will to offer any service and get this resolved.
>> So now I am looking at alternatives. So not only am I looking for domain
>> name hosting, now I am also looking for a registrar.  Any thoughts on a
>> reliable, cheap registrar (preferably local).
>>

> I have all my stuff registered with uf.r4l.com and have had for years.
> Nothing local though.

For domains I use netregistry or ziphosting (their 'sister' company
that is cheaper). Always had good service from them, never really
needed much though.

As for DNS, buddy or ask nicely and one of us will happily second for you.

> Tim and I played with secondary DNS for a while. I'm still open to playing
> second for others if they want help. I have 2 dedicated machines in the UK
> and a VPS in Syd that I use for primary and secondary DNS.

I have a VPS in the US, and one in Japan, both linodes. The one in
Japan mostly seconds my domains, so I'm happy to have it second for
others as well.

Tim
--
Timothy White - Somewhere in Australia