[plug] Position Available: Software Engineer / IT Network Manager
greg at daa.com.au
Thu Mar 1 13:45:47 WST 2012
Data Analysis Australia, a professional statistical and mathematical
consultancy firm based in Nedlands is seeking an experienced Consultant
Software Engineer/IT Network Manager to join its team.The Consultant
Software Engineer/IT Network Manager will be responsible for the
maintenance of a network of Linux servers and Windows workstations, for
a staff base of approximately 25 people.
Working At Data Analysis Australia
Data Analysis Australia fosters a collaborative environment and the
successful applicant can expect to not only manage the IT
infrastructure, but work alongside other Consultants, developing
software solutions for both external and internal clients.These
solutions can range from internal management systems to implementing
online forecasting tools to the development of online surveys.The
successful applicant will be required to work closely with Data Analysis
Australiaâs other Consultants to achieve these challenging and exciting
The successful candidate will have qualifications and several years of
experience in one or more relevant roles. In addition, they will have
good interpersonal skills, able to communicate effectively to both
Consultants and clients, tailoring the communication accordingly.The
successful candidate will possess a combination of skills and experience
in the administration of a Linux/Windows network coupled with strong OO
programming skills and the ability to learn new languages as required.
Roles and Responsibilities
The Consultant Software Engineer/IT Network Manager will have
* Monitoring and maintaining DAAâs internal network, servers and
* Monitoring and troubleshooting DAAâs VOIP telephone system;
* Documenting issues and resolutions;
* Monitoring and maintaining DAA's internal applications,
including applications in Python and Django; and
* Line managing an IT Support Officer.
The Consultant Software Engineer/IT Network Manager will be expected to:
* Be available after-hours for ad-hoc troubleshooting and scheduled
* Be proactive in suggesting improvements and changes to the network;
* Preparing business cases (including costings, timing and impact) as
appropriate for the Managing Director and Senior Team; and
* Provide advice and work on projects with Consultants and Management
The Consultant Software Engineer/IT Network Manager will work with the
IT Support Officer to:
* Develop, improve and document IT procedures;
* Provide technical support to Consultants as required; and
* Prepare training materials and run training sessions.
* Strong written and verbal communication skills.
* Development skills:
- SQL and relational database experience; and
- Strong OO programming skills, experience with LAMP;
with the ability to rapidly adapt to development using
a new programming language and/or a new web framework.
* System administration skills:
- Administering Linux systems, ideally Ubuntu or
- Interfacing between Windows and Linux environments;
- Internet technologies; and
- Administering relational databases.
* Experience with development using Python and the web framework
* Configuring and using Asterisk PBX.
How to apply
Applicants should send their Curriculum Vitae (including any relevant
experience and qualifications) with a covering letter detailing how they
meet the required skills to hr at daa.com.au. Applications should be
received no later than 5pm (WST), Tuesday 13th March 2012. If you have
any questions about the position please email hr at daa.com.au or call
(08) 9386 3304.Visit http://www.daa.com.au/ for more information about
Data Analysis Australia.
This is a permanent, full-time position and is available for an
immediate start.Salary will be dependent on experience.
Please note that you must be eligible to work in Australia to be considered.
Greg Wogan-Browne | Senior Consultant Software Engineer
Data Analysis Australia Pty Ltd | STRATEGIC INFORMATION CONSULTANTS
97 Broadway, Nedlands, Western Australia, 6009 | PO Box 3258, Broadway
Nedlands, WA, 6009
T: +61 8 9386 3304 | F: +61 8 9386 3202 | I: http://www.daa.com.au
More information about the plug