[plug] Noise on SBS A40 when moving mouse

Onno Benschop onno at itmaze.com.au
Thu Mar 8 19:40:44 WST 2012

Sounds to me like the serial signal is being picked up via the audio lead
via rf - the audio lead is acting as an antenna and the usb as a
transmitter.

You should be able to put a ferrite core on the audio lead closest to the
speaker to filter it out.

Generally they come as two halves where you run the lead through the middle
twice or more before you clip it closed.

You need the fit to be as tight as possible for it to work. If your audio
lead already has one built in, it should be closest to the speaker.

Jaycar or Altronics should have them for a buck or so.