[plug] KDE, CUPS, PDF & Postcript

Marcos Raul Carot Collins marcos.carot at gmail.com
Thu Mar 15 13:42:17 WST 2012

Hi there!

I have been having a problem printing from KDE programs to a HP Color Laserjet
2600n.

The printer is properly setup with CUPS in a server, and printing is fine...

But when printing from KDE applications some/most of the black text has a
yellow "glow"  around it.

I found that the same happens from LibreOffice (running on KDE), but in
LibreOffice there is a print advanced option setting that lets you choose the
printer language. Default is "PDF" which like KDE applications prints the
yellow glow, but if I change it to PostCript Level 2 or 3 it prints properly.

I have searched in the KDE printer settings, and googled about it and there is
no mention of this option anywhere.

I have also searched for options in CUPS and googled about it on how to set
the default to PostCript at the server (or even disable pdf), but again can't
find that option.

Any ideas?

Appreciated!

Cheers,