[plug] Fwd: python issue

Gavin Chester gavin.chester at gmail.com
Fri Mar 16 20:40:14 WST 2012

I take it from the lack of responses that no one else is suffering
errors  with either of the stream capture scripts. So, I'm hoping that
posting the error report will allow some python gurus to discern where
the error may lie. The only change to my system in recent days is to
have upgraded my kernel.

I can't find any report of error from others in the last few days, but
here is a copy of the error report:
gavin at gavin-Inspiron-N5050 ~/Videos $ ./sbs-downloader-ondemand
Script to download programs from the SBS On-Demand service.  Please
don't panic - I'm retrieving the feed of all the programs available...
Which it turns out takes some time :)
Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "./sbs-downloader-ondemand", line 113, in <module>
     main()
   File "./sbs-downloader-ondemand", line 95, in main
     possibleVideos = programs.getVideos(itemsPerPage=programs.totalResults)
   File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/SbsOnDemand/Feed.py",
line 173, in getTotalResults
     self._updateFeed(True)
   File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/SbsOnDemand/Feed.py",
line 98, in _updateFeed
     feed = json.load(page)
   File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/simplejson/__init__.py", line
329, in load
     use_decimal=use_decimal, **kw)
   File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/simplejson/__init__.py", line
385, in loads
     return _default_decoder.decode(s)
   File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/simplejson/decoder.py", line
402, in decode
     obj, end = self.raw_decode(s, idx=_w(s, 0).end())
   File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/simplejson/decoder.py", line
420, in raw_decode
     raise JSONDecodeError("No JSON object could be decoded", s, idx)
simplejson.decoder.JSONDecodeError: No JSON object could be decoded:
line 2 column 1 (char 1)

  I think it may be related to a kernel upgrade done a few days ago. I'm
running 3.0.0-16-generic.

Hope you have some advice.

Gavin Chester