[plug] Shared Contacts between computers

Michael Van Delft michael at hybr.id.au
Tue May 1 12:23:05 WST 2012

Hi Alex,

I suspect you’re going to struggle to find anything that will sync
contacts and calendars without putting them on a central server
somewhere.

Google apps work exceptionally well but if you don’t like the idea of
Google having all your data you could look at OwnCloud[1]. It is very
user friendly and I believe version 4 will be out in a couple of
weeks.

You can get a free VPS for one year from amazon[2], a cheap one from
linode[3] or host it from home if you have a static IP address or use
DynDNS.

Regards,
Michael

[1] http://owncloud.org/