[plug] PLUG: Paul Fenwick "Awesome things you've missed in Perl 5.14", Tuesday 1st May @ 7pm WST

Bill Kenworthy billk at iinet.net.au
Wed May 2 11:17:41 WST 2012

Hi Gary,
there was a broadcast and it went quite well.  I used an ipad with
"goodplayer" and a bluetooth headset so I could move around which worked
fine.

So far all attempts at using linux clients like mplayer, totem, xine etc
on my linux desktop have failed :(

Part of the reason is the streaming only occurs for a short time before
a session which doesn't give enough time to setup/test/fix the client
end before the broadcast proper starts.  Perhaps some kind of
(permanent?) test loop streaming well beforehand would help?

BillK