[plug] PLUG: Paul Fenwick "Awesome things you've missed in Perl 5.14", Tuesday 1st May @ 7pm WST

James Bromberger james at rcpt.to
Wed May 2 15:49:54 WST 2012

On 2/05/2012 11:17 AM, Bill Kenworthy wrote:
> So far all attempts at using linux clients like mplayer, totem, xine etc
> on my linux desktop have failed :(
Thats disconcerting. I've only every tried mplayer and vlc - including
hte VLC plugin in Firefox - and thats worked for me. But most times I'm
not watching the stream as I'm.. well, there! :)

> Part of the reason is the streaming only occurs for a short time before
> a session which doesn't give enough time to setup/test/fix the client
> end before the broadcast proper starts.  Perhaps some kind of
> (permanent?) test loop streaming well beforehand would help?

Have a test on this:
http://icecast.plug.org.au:8000/PLUG-Live-Holding-Loop.ogg

The video is out of date (2 points to whomever can guess why).... and
its not showing up as a "mount" on the front page, but if you hit that
URL you'll get an Ogg Teora idea streamed back to you....

Also, contributions welcomed for new PLUG videos! ;)

--
/Mobile:/ +61 422 166 708, /Email:/ james_AT_rcpt.to
PLUG President 2012: http://www.plug.org.au <http//www.plug.org.au>