[plug] This weekend re. PLUG cabling and server

Michael Van Delft michael at hybr.id.au
Wed Sep 26 08:32:52 WST 2012

I'm happy to help on the 6th.

Back when I was in high school (2006) we had a class when we were
shown how to crimp wires and made a few 2~3m patch leads as an
exercise. I think the sysadmin just wanted some extra cables for a
classroom he was going to fit out and didn’t want to make them all
himself. But I haven't done much cabling since then so to say I'm
rusty would be an understatement.

I think I’ve got a wire stripper and some screw drivers, I’ll have a
look and bring what I can.