[plug] Printer won't print

Margaret Wood msrwood at westnet.com.au
Mon Apr 1 01:23:08 UTC 2013

I eventually got it to work by specifically adding root as an enabled user of the printer.

But then the next time I logged in (having turned off the printer meanwhile) it failed again.
I can get it to work by deleting the printer and then adding it, so it's not a major problem any more (I don't print all that much), but still very peculiar.

I have since discovered that Mageia doesn't automatically remount removable devices, unless specifically requested, but is a printer classed as a removable device?

Margaret