[plug] What programming languages are popular in Perth?

Gregory Orange home at oranges.id.au
Sat Apr 6 07:01:47 UTC 2013

On 4 April 2013 14:32, Andrew Cooks <acooks at gmail.com> wrote:
> 1. What programming language do you rely on to pay the bills?

As a sysadmin: sh (bash if I want extra grunt). Rarely Python, Perl,
PHP or Java. Amusingly, most of my education was in C++ but only
briefly touched it a few years ago for work.

> 2. What programming language would you prefer to use, if different
> from the above?

I've recently decided it's time to brush up on some coding skills, and
learn a new language. I'm watching this thread (and some others here
and elsewhere) for tips on which way to go, but it will be influenced
by where I can put that learning to use - hopefully I'll find a FLOSS
project I like, where I can contribute.

--
Gregory Orange