[plug] What programming languages are popular in Perth?

Andrew Cooks acooks at gmail.com
Mon Apr 8 03:01:37 UTC 2013

C#: + 2
Delphi: 1
Korn shell: 1
Clojure: 1
Agda: 1
Ruby: 1
Vala: + 1
Fortran: + 1

I think it's safe to infer from these results is that PLUG is quite an
interesting mix of people, but I'm surprised that so few people use C
and C++.

The tally above includes the following responses (listed here for
transparency and to allow easy corrections and additions):

1. Paying bills:
Sam Wilson:  PHP, Java,
Lucas van Staden: PHP
Daniel Axtens: Javascript, PHP, Python
Hani Jabr: Korn shell, Perl
Gameldar: Java, Javascript
Lyndon Maydwell: Perl, Bash, Javascript
Keith Bawden: Ruby, R
Leon Wright: Perl, Bash
Euan de Kock: PL/SQL
Jason Nicholls: Perl, Bash, Javascript
Simon Newton: C++, Python (excluded: not Perth)
+++
James Henstridge: Python, Go, Javascript, C, Vala
Peter Bradshaw: Fortran 2008
Adon Metcalfe: Python, Javascript
Luke Woollard: Javascript
Alexander Hartner: Java, C++, Objective-C, bash, perl, ruby
Michael Bramwell: C#, Javascript
Gregory Orange: Bash, Python, Perl, PHP, Java

2. Fun:
Sam Wilson: Perl
Lucas van Staden: Delphi
Daniel Axtens:
Hani Jabr: Korn shell
Gameldar: Java, C++
Lyndon Maydwell:  Haskell, Clojure, Agda
Keith Bawden: Ruby, Haskell
Leon Wright: Perl, C++
Euan de Kock:  C, C++, Python
Jason Nicholls: Perl, bash, javascript
Simon Newton: C++, Python (excluded: not Perth)
+++
James Henstridge: Python, Go, Javascript, C, Vala
Peter Bradshaw: Fortran 66
Adon Metcalfe: Python, Javascript
Paul Antoine: C, Java, C#
Luke Woollard: Javascript