[plug] DebConf13 matching fund

Paul Wise pabs at debian.org
Sat Apr 13 15:54:53 UTC 2013

Hi all,

[Please CC me on any replies/questions]

If anyone has some spare USD (or AUD via PayPal), you might want to
consider donating it to DebConf13 in Switzerland, which is going to be
one of the more expensive editions of the Debian conference due to being
located in Switzerland. This year, one of the sponsors is matching USD
donations from individuals up to a maximum of $100 per person and $5000
in total until April 30th. So far there is just over $1000 donated so
there is plenty of room for Aussies to step in with our strong dollar
and contribute some bux. Any amount is welcome!

http://debconf13.debconf.org/monetary-support

If you're running a profitable company using Debian/Ubuntu and are able
to put in more significant contributions, there are a number of benefits
to becoming a sponsor of DebConf:

http://debconf13.debconf.org/become-sponsor

DebConf is the Debian Project's annual developer conference. I've been
going since DebConf7 in Scotland, had a great time every year, learnt a
ton, got lots of things done during DebCamp and made lots of new
friends. I'm addicted. DebConf is open to everyone, has no entry fee and
usually funds accommodation and food for people registering early enough
(that may or may not happen this year). So if you can get your boss to
fund you or if you'll be in Europe in August then come join us!

--
bye,
pabs

http://wiki.debian.org/PaulWise