[plug] linux.conf.au LCA2014 in Perth

Bret Busby bret.busby at gmail.com
Mon Feb 4 06:34:40 UTC 2013

On 04/02/2013, Bret Busby <bret.busby at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 04/02/2013, Paul Del <p at delfante.it> wrote:
>> Hey PLuggers
>>
>> For those of you who are not yet aware of the good news. Linux.conf.au
>> will
>> be in Perth for 2014!!!!!! ;+)
>> We are running it Luke, Euan, Nick, myself and our AV team!!! Liam Jason
>> etc(With James Bromberger's guidance)
>>
>> Most people are LCA where very excited to be able to come to Perth again.
>> It's been too long since the 2003 team run it.
>>
>> We will be having a general chat about LCA2014 in the coming weeks. Who
>> wants to be involved as a volunteer(not matter how big or small)
>>
>> We may be giving away some free conference tickets(So it may help to be
>> involved ;-)
>>
>> Chat to you all soon
>> Paul Del
>>

> Any dates for the event, yet?
>
> --
> Bret Busby
> Armadale
> West Australia

Hello.

Another question just occurred to me.

It is not Linux, and, it is not an application that runs on Linux,
but, it relates to a family of operating systems that can (sometimes,
apparently) multiboot with Linux, and, may be regarded as having a
similar history to Linux.

What prospect would exist (if any), of a miniconference being
included, to deal with the various BSD's, such as PC-BSD?

I am not a user of BSD (I haven't been able to get PC-BSD running,
even though it is installed on one of my computers), but is could be a
kind of side mini-conference that could be of interest (and, it could
possibly inspire someone like the developers and/or support people of
versions like PC-BSD, to come and participate in the conference, which
could make for an interesting boost to the conference).

And, if a direct link to Linux, is required, it has just occurred to
me, while writing this, that I believe that, with Debian Linux,
versions of Debian Linux exist, that use a FreeBSD (rather than a
Debian) kernel, or, something like that.

So, I think that an inclusion of a component to deal with the BSD
kernel(s) that are part of some of the Debian Linux versions, if not
also a mini-conference about the BSD's, could be of interest.

So, I think that this could be of interest, and, pertinent to the
conference (and, could inspire the developers of the BSD's, to make
interfacing with Linux (in terms of file system formats compatibility
and boot loader compatibility), more easy, and, also, get them to be
inspired to participate as presenters, in the conference (?) ).

I have not attended a Linux Conference (Anne has, when it was last in
Perth, I think), but this could make it (or, at least such a
mini-conference), for me, even more appealling.

--
Bret Busby
Armadale

 you'll know what the answer means."